Diet can have a huge impact on a person’s health, particularly during recovery from an illness. However, it can be difficult to figure out which foods make up a healthy diet, therefore our dietitian may help you in this.
Dietitians are healthcare professionals who improve the health of individuals and groups by applying the science of human nutrition. They have special skills in translating scientific and medical decision related to food and health, and giving unbiased advice as part of medical treatment to people who have special dietary needs as well as advising on preventive nutrition to healthy individual.
Example of conditions which may benefit from our dietetic services:
- liver diseases (e.g. fatty liver, gallstone)
- heart diseases (e.g. high blood pressure, high holesterol, stroke)
- gastrointestinal diseases (e.g. gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome)
- eating disorder (e.g. overweight, obesity, underweight, malnutrition)
- kidney diseases (e.g. chronic and acute kidney disease, glomerulonephritis)
- diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance
- cancer diseases
- food allergy and intolerance
- nutrition support (e.g. supplementation, tube feeding)
- other nutrition-related conditions
In this service, our dietitian will
- assess your individual nutrition needs
- tailor a personalized meal plan for you
- help you to establish short term and long term goals
- provide you ongoing support and countenance in 20-30minutes sessions until your goals are met
- provide you the knowledge and techniques to ensure success in your nutrition plan
9.00am – 5.30pm (Mon – Fri)
All referrals from hospitals consultants, general and dental practitioners, as well as patient self-referral are welcomed.
Choose to eat smart and eat right with MRMC now!